I have said before that life gets in the way. Well, it has, and I am paying the price. A few years ago I lost over 40lbs through changing the way I eat (note, portion control) and exercise. Portion control, 4 days a week at the gym, watching unhealthy carbs, limiting alcohol and it worked. Until the last month or 2, the pesky 5-7 lbs. I know, that doesn’t sound like much (cue the violins), but when you are 5’2 it makes a big difference. So back on the wagon I go.
- a lot less beer; not an easy task considering Steve is homebrewing
- pack better lunches; I have been relying on processed food too much
- meal plan; for some reason I have been horrible about this and we are going to the store buying stuff we don’t always need
- Stop Making Excuses for Not Going to the Gym; back to 3-4 days a week
- Food Diary; writing down meals and snacks seems to help me watch what I eat
I decided to blog this to hopefully make myself more accountable. What do you do when you you have put on a few extra pounds?